Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We're Home

We made it home today. It will feel good to sleep in my own bed. We had a whirlwind of a drive back to Karnes City from Houston. We came via San Antonio. I know, that isn't really on the way, but we were going to visit with my grandparents who have only seen Brenna once when she was 4 months old. We had a good visit with everyone there.

My parents were kind enough to watch our pets while we were gone. Westin and Annie are not the easiest pets to watch, so I was very grateful. Annie barks all the time for no apparent reason. Westin is very clingy after being left alone all day. Between the two of them, my parents had their hands full for two weeks, but I am wondering if I found the reason for my pets pesky behaviors.

I also asked my Mom to feed my sourdough starter. She forgot. We both think it will be okay, but I am wondering if the animals were pesky just to make sure they got fed. Probably not, the animals do the same here at our home. What can I say, I have high maintainance animals. I don't know, maybe my starter was just doomed from the start. We have really had a rocky start together. I will let everyone know if the starter survived or not.

I have a busy list for tomorrow (including making some bread to test the starter). It seems like every time we go on vacation I hit the ground running when we get home. I guess that is normal for most families who go on vacation. Hopefully I will be able to rest some too. I am very tired. Nathan and I are both hoping Brenna will sleep late for us.

No comments: