Friday, July 11, 2008

Multiple Random Synapses

My mind is running wild today. I have so many thought, I don't even know if I will be able to record all of them before they fly away. Here is a list so I can remember them as I explain.
1. Brenna
2. Vacation
3. Books
4. New site
5. Camera
6. Athens

Okay, I feel better now. Sometimes I just need a good list to calm me down so that I can actually accomplish a task.

Let me start with Brenna. She is doing much better today. I think the rash is gone now. I don't see it at all on any skin that has a tan. I see something on the incredibly white parts of her skin (sorry honey, you got that from your Mommy) that haven't seen the sun, but I think it might just be veins and such that I am seeing under the skin. She has been eating better and playing more today. I think she is officially over her bout with Roseola. Yea! At least that is one less infection she has to have again.

So, vacation is going well. yesterday we went to the park with Debbie. I only have one picture from there, but it was a cute one.

None of the others seemed to turn out as well. She had a good time, but was ready to come home quickly. It was lunch time. You can tell the time from her stomach. Here again is one of the proverbial chicken and egg questions. Did I train her that way or is she just like me? Let's just say we both like to eat on time. In fact, just this week she has started to tell me when she is hungry and thirsty. That is a big deal. Now I don't have to guess.

Next are the pictures from today. Debbie took us to one of the white water sites were the 1996 Olympics were held. Nathan and I had actually been there before with his grandparents many years ago, but it was fun to actually get out and walk along the path. I have now been to several of the sites here in Georgia that hosted the Olympics. It is fun to see how they use the area now. So much work went into hosting the Olympics. Some of the work was wasted, but other parts are now a beautiful part of the Georgia landscape. I guess that is true in all the areas where the Olympics are held, but I digress. Brenna loved to walk and look at all the rocks. She actually didn't do a lot of walking. Nathan carried her as any good father would.


She also played in the water with Debbie and enjoyed walking on the rocks that were covered by silt. She wanted to try the slippery ones, but I already discovered that wasn't a good idea when I tried to get a better shot. Luckily I had enough balance to stay above water. Only wet feet, at least for me. Brenna tried to sit down faster than Debbie could catch her. She ended up walking around in her diaper and shirt. We looked very hillbilly.


I love that we have had the opportunity to let Brenna spend time with Nonnie and G-Daddy. She doesn't get to see them very often and loves to spend time with them. Unfortunately G-Daddy has had to work while we have been here. (I guess someone had to work.) He has been here when Brenna gets up in the morning and in the afternoons. Whenever she sees him she runs to him asking to see Patty Puppy. I fear for Patty Puppy's health. Brenna wants to feed her a bone at every sighting. Patty may have to go on a diet when we leave. She also loves playing with G-Daddy on the floor. How fun. I pray we all remember these fun times.

Fun times- that brings me to my next thought. I am really looking forward to our time in Athens. I can't wait to see the Neal's and their newest addition. I have been longing to hold that little one and see their precious new baby. What fun it will be to spend time with them. I am also looking forward to church. We will see so many of our wonderful friends there. We plan on seeing as many people as possible there. I am also trying to slip in a visit to my two favorite quilting fabric stores. We'll see how well that goes over and if I can accomplish the feat.

(I have now written so much that I have to move back up to consult my list. See it was a good thing I made a list or I would have forgotten some of my important points.)

Oh yes, books. I may have to write that section later. I thought I would like to start reviewing some of the books I read. I can't always remember what I liked about a book or even what it was about or if I read it. I read a variety of books, but now mostly fiction that doesn't make me think too much. I do miss my analyzing days of college. I love to read a very well written book that has so much inside that I can't even discover it all. Yes, I am a book worm. I have finished two on this trip already. I only brought one more and I fear it won't be enough. Oh well, maybe that means I will be forced to take a trip to the book store.
I'll write about these two on another day when I don't have so many thoughts.

That brings me to my last two points. And yes, I know, I went out of order a little. I have really enjoyed learning about photography lately. I have loved using my dad's old camera when he got a new one. But now I am getting an itch for a new SLR Digital Camera. I don't know if it will ever happen, but I love all that I am learning. Blame it on my Dad and his talents passing down. Or maybe I can blame it on Amber. I seem to follow in her footsteps a lot. (This blog was started because of her.) By the way she takes great pictures. I would love to have her talent and skill, though I am not interested in becoming professional. I think part of my interest has come about because I want to capture every moment of this life I have. I don't want to forget any part of raising Brenna or growing as a wife. I love to see it through the art of photography. I want to get better. Why do I keep picking the the hobbies that are so expensive: horses, sewing, scrapbook, and now photography.

And on the lines of photography, I was reading a cool website that I had read before and was reintroduced to lately. I have added it to my most read section. Visit Confessions of a Pioneer Woman and be inspired by her photography, cooking, and writing. It is really fun and she has lots of horse pictures. (All things I love too.) I would love to meet this woman. I think we would have a lot in common.

So here is one last picture of Brenna from our fun this morning. Sorry you don't see any of me. I was taking all the pictures.

No comments: