Monday, July 28, 2008

Adventures in Potty Training

...beginning tomorrow.

Yes, I am starting the process tomorrow. I have high hopes for a fast and easy training. (Really, I just don't want to be stuck in the house for very long. The nightmare... I'm afraid I may never come out again.) I am hoping to stay home for three days and really get the concept into her head. I have a training potty that will be Brenna's and my constant companion for a few days. Maybe I should give her (the potty) a name. No, I won't get too ambitious yet. Anyway, my hope is that if we spend three days at home concentrating on the task then she will have a good concept of what it means to use the "big girl potty". (Maybe I should give the potty a name. Any suggestions?) My plans don't sound too unrealistic do they? I do know there will still be accidents, but hopefully we will be able to come out of our confinement with Brenna sporting her BEAUTIFUL BRAND NEW PANTIES! Did you hear the enthusiasm in my voice. Yes, I have been selling that one to her too. Actually, every time she opens her drawer she wants to look at the white ones with the stars. She also keeps sitting on her little potty then standing and saying, "Okay, all done." They're practice runs. I think she is ready. (The previously mentioned ones as well other reasons too. I won't go into them now.)


So, I read over my last paragraph. How mortified would Brenna be to see that I am writing about her bathroom abilities? Hopefully she will forgive me when she realizes that her every move has been documented for her to read too.

Really, I am worried about our sanity level. We will be in the house a long time. I have all kinds of crafts and games ready. And yes, I will resort to "moomies" if that is necessary. I am taking any other helpful suggestions pertaining to the training, or funny stories to help with the sanity. Also feel free to call and remind me that there are other adults in the world and we all learn to us the toilet at some point.

...to be continued.

1 comment:

Krischa said...

She should be reasonably easy since she is a girl, but only if she is ready to potty train! Landon is wearing big boy underwear now and hasn't had an accident while wearing them these past two days!!! Preston went on the potty today too!! So I may just have the two easiest boys to potty train!!! Yeah because I so was dreading potty training. Suggestions on potty training:
1. Let her watch you go potty(I know this may sound weird but it helped my boys watch their daddy and now we have caught Landon standing in front of the potty trying to go like daddy!)
2. Start with pull ups, they have the ones that give them a cool sensation to let them know they peed.
3. Ask her frequently if she wants to go(with enthusiasm)!
4. Be patient!
5.Give rewards for pottying(that will suite her excitement. I gave the boys m&ms- 1 m&m for pee and 2 for poop, 3 for a poop and pee). Now that Landon has done it consistently for a week he only gets candy at the end of the day for a whole day of pottying. He also got Thomas the Train, McQueen, and Diego underwear for a treat.
Anyways good luck!