Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thankful Sadness

We left Athens today to return to Blue Ridge. I am always so sad when I have to leave the place and people I made home. On the other hand, I am so thankful that I have friends I am sad to leave. I have been thinking about friendships today. There are some people who come into our lives for a short time and then leave. They are important and close at the time, but we loose contact as time passes. Then there are others who we have to leave, but they stay close forever. I love it when you can catch up and continue the relationship even after there has been time without much contact. They are friends that will last forever. I am so thankful that I have friends like that even though it is hard to leave them every time.

We had a wonderful time in Athens. I didn't take one pictures. How sad. I didn't even take any of baby Elijah. None. I was so busy trying to just be with everyone. I wish I had thought to take the camera out. Oh well, next time. Brenna was sweet with Elijah. She still didn't love for me to hold him, but she tolerated it. Tonight when we put her to bed she asked for baby Elijah. It was so sweet.

I wish we could have stayed longer, but we would have been sad to leave at any time. I am starting to develop relationships in Karnes City, but I still long for something different at church. I also got to see Faure's new filly. She is only a few days old and so precious. I miss the horses I was privileged to be with so often. One day, I would love to be with them again.

Even with all my sadness, I would not have missed a moment. I loved the time we had there. I am so thankful that time and those memories. I am ready to enjoy the rest of our time with Nonnie and G-daddy.

No comments: