Thursday, July 31, 2008

Potty Training Day 3 (aka a week of new things)

Disclaimer... May contain questionable photographs.

I promise this is the last official day of Potty Training. I'll write about something new tomorrow. Brenna and I will leave the house tomorrow. Yea!! (By the way, I don't know if that word is spelled with an "h" at the end or not.) We are both a little stir crazy. I did need to give you the official last day words. BRENNA DID GREAT!!! She didn't have any accidents until the end of the day. There were about 4 in 30-45 minutes. I'll just count them as one learning experience. She was trying to figure out how to poop in the potty and SHE DID IT! Again, Yea Brenna! I have used a lot of exclamation points. In college I was taught to use them sparingly. I think they are absolutely necessary and well deserved here!

I never knew I could be so proud of someone for pooping and tinkling in a potty, but I am. We did a lot of dancing and singing and treat giving today. We are both exhausted. Potty training is hard work. That is the repeated theme of the week. Tomorrow we are moving back into the world of other people and distractions. Hopefully she will do okay.

Yes, this has been a week of firsts. Earlier this week, I made myself a smoothie and Brenna wanted some. I gave her a taste with a straw in her own cup. She was so excited about drinking it. She used the straw like a champ and even drank from a real cup without spilling the whole thing on herself.


A very unfortunate new thing, and one that I never mentioned to Brenna before we started this week, is the unpleasant feeling of wedgies. The poor little thing has a hard time pulling up her panties and will have half of them in her tushy. "Mama, need help." (Beware!! The first questionable picture follows.)


This isn't really a new thing, but the picture makes me laugh every time I see it. Nathan caught her wanting to wear her new rain boots. Unfortunately this was time she didn't want to wear her panties. I have debated whether I should post this picture or not. I am sure it will bring great embarrassment in the years to come. Hopefully she will forgive me one day when she has her own little girl with a very cute tushy. Giggle with me. She is just so cute.

5 comments:

keyofdjonz said...

we are so proud of brenna and of you. whew, another step to growing up: )

keyofdjonz said...

we are so proud of brenna and of you. whew, another step to growing up: )

keyofdjonz said...

her tushie is soooo cute and you are right, she will be mortified when she is older that you and i and everyone saw her cute tushie! when she gets married PLEASE have the boots tushie picture up!!!

Anonymous said...

Can i baby sit her so i can buttrape her hard while yall are away

短躯 said...

アナル犯したい