Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Little Singer

Brenna has been listening to music when we eat for months now. She loves to listen to her favorite songs. She has also been singing some of those favorite songs when we are playing and the music isn't playing. Just in the past week, she has started really singing with the CD's we are playing. Some of the songs are very funny to hear her sing. Nathan and I can't help but laugh and tell her she is doing a great job. She loves to make us laugh and proceeds to sing even more. Today she was listening to her Veggie Tales CD that has her name placed in the songs. She was singing the songs and reciting the dialogue in between the songs. Nathan's comment was, "I guess sense she has been listening to this CD for more than half her life she should know all the words."

I know I have talked about her language development before, but I still have a few favorite phrases. She is using lots of phrases now and stringing words together to make "toddler sentences". Here are a few of my favorite.

"How 'bout dis one?"
"Mama, pick up Menna." (I hear that one a lot.)
"Mama go-go-go, Daddy go-go-go." (Not really a phrase, but I'm sure you can figure out the meaning.)
"I like dat."
"Read it book"
"Watch a moomie?"

There are many more I can't think of right now, but I just love to hear her chatter away. It is a good thing I like to hear her talk because she does a lot of it. She takes after me in that department so I've heard.

No comments: