Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hey, I have a question

Question: How do you know when it is time to go home?

Answer: You know it's time to go home when your two year old asks to go to "Brenna's house" and to see Annie Boo, Westin, Seth, Caleb, Mr. Pat, and Mrs. Christy. (The last four are her friends from church.)

Alternate Answer: You know it is time to go home when Mommy runs out of patience. I yelled a Brenna this morning and even made her cry. I broke my own heart and apologized immediately. I felt so bad. I guess every Mom eventually speaks unkind to their child, it just caught me by surprise. Hopefully I won't do that again for awhile. I would like to say I will never yell again, but I know that would not be true. I just pray that my little munchkin will continue to forgive my mistakes.


We have had a wonderful time here with Nonni and G-daddy. Brenna loves both of her grandparents and all their pets. She wants G-daddy to take her to see Patty Puppy every morning after breakfast, and night after dinner, and many times in between. She wants Nonni to hold the kitties so that she can pet them. She has loved being here, but there is a time to go home and I believe we have hit it. I think we will all enjoy sleeping in our own beds.


Today after church, we all went a Japanese Hibachi grill. Brenna was so funny to watch. I actually paid more attention to her than the grilling show. She loved watching the fire at the beginning and she also enjoyed listening to the man tap out a rhythm with his cooking tools. She tried to dance to the "music" he was making.

Yesterday she enjoyed the flamingos that showed up in the yard and she helped G-daddy and I pick some blackberries. I use the word "helped" very loosely. She ate the blackberries faster than G-daddy could pick them. I think she probably ate anywhere from a half a cup to a cup of them. She really likes those berries.



We are Texas bound again tomorrow. Hopefully our flight will go well. It is a late one, so I am really hoping that Brenna will sleep some. I am also hoping it will make the time transition go better too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hola!, como va?, esta barbaro este Blog, me gusto, saludos, que andes bien, pasate por el mio cuando gustes ...

Luis