Monday, July 7, 2008

Getting Ready


Not a great picture, but I had to post something from our festivities.

Our 4th of July was fun and uneventful. Unfortunately the following day Brenna woke up with a fever of 101 and rising. She seems to do this every time we travel or fly. I don't know how her body is so good at picking the right days to be sick. She runs very high fevers. So far with this illness she has reached 103.8. I am starting to get used to that high fever when it happens, but it is still a little worrisome when I feel her and her whole body is roasting. Anyways, we have spent the morning at the doctor's office. Her ears were fine which was my main concern. I think she probably has a virus. The doctor ordered a blood test and urine test. We will get the results soon, but I think she will just have to let it run its course.

On our way to Houston we were in almost in what could have been a fatal accident. I think everyone was okay, but God was really looking out for us. A car hit the concrete barrier going 75 on I-10 swerved across three lanes of traffic and back. Then it hit the barrier again with it's front end and spun around to face the oncoming traffic and stopped in the shoulder. He was even driving on two wheels at one point. I know I saw a cooler from the truck bed, tire tread, and a hub cap flying back at the oncoming traffic (that included us). Very scary. I am still amazed that no one got hit. I know God's angels were watching over my little family that day. I was praying for everyone while I watched a man battle to regain control of his car.

No comments: