Friday, May 23, 2008

Two Extremes

I love that children get to explore all their options if we allow them to. I only hope that I do allow Brenna to try everything she wants. I hope we can afford to allow her to try all the things she wants. Yesterday afternoon, she danced like a ballerina around the living room. I enjoyed watching her twirl until she got dizzy, fall down, crack up laughing, then get back up to do it all over again. I wish I was brave enough to love life like she does.

This morning, Brenna and I rode Pretty Boy. We were all alone and it was challenging to get him ready to ride with a toddler on my back. I feel accomplished by having succeeded. Our first problem was catching him. When he ran back into his pasture I thought I would be explaining to a very disappointed two year old why the horse ran away from us. Luckily I was able to catch him after a few circles around the round pen. Remember, I was still carrying Brenna in her backpack on my back. I was already tired and we hadn't even started. I did finally get him saddled and ready to ride. Brenna went first then I swung up behind her. I can't tell you how fun it is to ride with my little girl. She laughs and talks about all the horses and cows we pass. She talks to me and Pretty Boy. We even trotted a few steps today. She laughed and said, "More Bounce." I love being able to share this aspect of my life with her.

I hope she loves Baseball games with Daddy as much as she loves horseback riding with Mommy.

1 comment:

Krischa said...

Such a cute picture of her!