Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hot Days and Night

There are many reasons you should never keep a two year old up until 9:45.

Here is a list of a few...
-grumpy mornings
-lots of whining
-grumpy breakfast
-more whining
-repetitive request to watch several different movies (do I need to add, "asked in a whiny voice" and with no "please")

This is a glimpse of our morning. Let me paint a picture of what led up to a late night and therefore a grumpy morning. Yesterday had been a nice day, but extremely hot. The last time I looked at the thermometer, it was 99. I am definitely not used to those temperatures. So, after Brenna's nap I decided to take her to the water park. She loves to play there. I thought it would kill some time, and it would be cooler in the water. (I was really wishing the pool was open.) We spent an hour there, and I was looking forward to coming home to a cooler house. Within 10 minutes of being home the power went out. I waited a little while and then called the utility company. I had to call several numbers and finally found out that it would there were over 600 without power and it would be several hours before it came back on. Christy was kind enough to come pick us up and let us eat at her house. Did i mention that Nathan took the car with air conditioning and didn't know when he would be back. Also my phone was almost out of battery. I kind of felt like everything was breaking down on me. Anyways, the Dzuiks were kind enough to share their dinner with Nathan and I and Brenna played with their youngest son while we finished dinner and talked. We all enjoyed the evening, but it was a late night. Like I said before, she shouldn't be up that late if i expect to have a good morning.

Brenna even knew she was too tired to function. At about 12:30 this afternoon, she stared crying and saying "night-night". We made it 15 minutes. I hope she takes a long nap today.

Today has been hot too. I guess this a glimpse of what the summer will be like. I am very willing to pay the dues for the pool. I love my morning walks with Brenna, but I don't know how much longer I can stand to go. I guess I will need to get moving quicker.

No comments: