Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Day in San Antonio

So, Brenna woke up today on the wrong side of the bed. She actually got in on the wrong side of the bed last night. (Is that possible?) She slept until 7:30 and by 9:00am I was nearly in tears, and I didn't know how I would make it through the whole day. I was putting on my shoes to go on our daily walk to the music of a very fussy toddler. I knew I couldn't do our normal day. We are both so bored of it. We needed something new for the day. I made the quick decision to drive to San Antonio and redeem our season passes to Sea World. I was too late to get there and make it to "Tanner's house" before nap so I decided that we could go to the water part of the park after her nap. Off we went. Brenna cried and fussed the whole way, but she really like lunch at Chick-fil-a. She had a very unhealthy lunch of chicken nuggets, fries, and chocolate milk. She loved it. She also loved playing on the playground until some older and very loud kids came to play too. Later she napped at Tanner's house.

After Brenna was asleep, Liz informed me that Sea World was only open until 5pm and the water part was only open on the weekends right now. I was very disappointed, but decided Brenna and I would brave the scalding heat and go see Shamu. Let me just say that the show made the whole trip worth it. Brenna loved the show. I loved watching her experience the moment. my only regret is that Nathan couldn't watch her with me, but I know she will love it next time too. She clapped when the Whales did the big jumps, and every time she couldn't see them she said, "more whales?" It was so cute. I was actually worried what would happen when the show was over. She was a little sad, but told the whales "bye-bye" as I explained that they were tired and needed to go "night-night".

So our day ended much better than it began. I'm so glad we went to San Antonio on a whim. Hopefully tomorrow won't be a disappointment now.

1 comment:

Krischa said...

Wow it sounds like a day that at least ended fun! I wish we lived close to somewhere like that. What a great time! I also understand those wrong side of the bed days that little ones have. Keep yourself entertained and enjoy her age!