Thursday, August 21, 2008

Surgery

This has been a long week. We have been inside because of rain. We have endured long days without Daddy (he had practice until 8 every night). We have visited friends and had a surprise visit from family. We have had disappointments, and some excitement. We have had some injury and a surgery. Brenna and I have done a lot in our long days alone. Well, not really alone as much as without Daddy.

Who had surgery you may ask? Brenna's beloved Bear was in need of a repair surgery to her lower extremities. I guess after two years of nights and naps I should have expected some damage. Luckily the tear wasn't life threatening. I had her sewn up in a jiffy and she is now slaving away in bed with Brenna. It is a good thing I sew quickly too. I brought out good old "spare bear" for Brenna to sleep with while I performed the delicate surgery. Unfortunately Spare Bear is no longer sufficient. I had to take Bear, the original, to Brenna in bed so that she would finally fall asleep for her nap.

I guess I don't have any right to judge. My "bear" is so old I can't even tell you it's age. I sleep with an old pillow that barely has any stuffing left. In fact, I don't think you can even call what it does have stuffing. I have been the center of a few jokes because of my pillow. At one time I thought I would be able to retire it from nightly duty when I got married, but that obviously didn't happen. I guess my pillow and I will be together as long as it survives. I can only hope Bear will last that long for Brenna.

2 comments:

Krischa said...

I am a nightly time comfort holder-on-to girl. I have a silk blanket that I got when I was six months old and it hasn't left my side. I too thought I would be able to get rid of it when I got married, but it is still with me. Ron is trying to replace it but we can't seem to find one I like. My boys also have their blankets and no subs will do!

keyofdjonz said...

you almost scared me to death!!! surgery??? anyway, after i read it i had to laugh. glad to know bear is making a full recovery : )https://www.blogger.com/captcha?type=IMAGE&captchaKey=16zqcob9b1pe6
Visual verification