Thursday, August 28, 2008

Red-letter day or at least a pick-me-up!

Where did we come up with the saying "red-letter day"? I think I should know the answer to this one, but I don't or at least I don't remember. I needed a little pick-me-up yesterday, although, I didn't know it yet. I found these in the road while Brenna and I were on our morning walk.

I can't tell you how excited I was to find a brand new pack of sharpies and then to walk a few more steps and find another sharpie pen on it's own. I many not be able to tell you how excited I was, but Stephanie got to experience my sheer glee over the phone. I was all giggles. Those of you who know me well, know that I love pens. Sometimes I have to just walk through the pen aisle to see what is out there. When I was in college and was anxious about an upcoming test, I went and bought a new pen. I know, it is a little crazy, but at least it isn't an expensive way to self soothe. You can see how a new pack of sharpies would make my day. They gave a spring to my step.

Like I said, I really needed that spring later in the day. Brenna has decided to pull out all her toddler tricks. She is two after all, and don't anyone forget it. She tried my patience yesterday, and some today too. Although today has been better. She is being outright defiant. I am glad that she is becoming independent and trying to learn new things, but I sure wish it were easier on me. I can't seem to find anything that she doesn't like to serve as punishment for outright disobedience. Today she has even asked to sit in time out because she found that so fun. What I am I going to do with her? (Nena's answer: sell her and buy a duck. But ducks aren't all their cracked up to be either.)

I forgot to post these pictures earlier this month. I firmly believe that every child should have their first encounter with oreos documented. They were a mess, but she loved them. Actually Brenna isn't very picky about her cookies. I won't be giving these to her very often. They are just so messy.



I took these pictures of my sweet niece when Elizabeth brought the kids to KC last week to play with Brenna. I love her dimples and her wonderful smile. She is just so cute. She is also a wonderful baby. I pray that God gives me an "Avery" next time around. Apparently several other people are sending the same prayer God's way for themselves.

"Hey guys! Look what I can do."

1 comment:

Krischa said...

The pen soothing thing is funny! I completely understand it though. I think everyone has those.