Friday, February 29, 2008

Random thoughts

I am making a list of things I don't want to have in a home we buy. Yes, my list is growing with each house we live in. I am so thankful that we weren't forced to buy a home in this town.
1. Not within a block of the fire alarm. (Maybe not in a town that has a fire alarm that sounds like a tornado warning and continues to run until some saint can get to the fire station and turn it off. Brenna was awakened once from a nap and early this morning all this week.)
2. Not on a main road. (Or in our case here. The main road.)
3. Good insulation is a must. No windows and doors that rattle with each car that passes. (See above comment.)
4. Not older than God.
5. Not with walls housing happy, monster bugs.
6. Not with 4 different types of linoleum covering the hard wood underneath and peeling in every room.
7. Not so small that I trip over the toys even when they are put up. (Yes, Mrs. Grace here does it almost every day.)

Okay enough complaining. The list could go on and on. I don't really have enough time today. My wonderful husband watching Brenna tonight so I can go to San Antonio by myself to Elizabeth's "sprinkle". I am so excited. I have never spent a night away from Brenna. I'm sure I will miss her, but it will actually seem strange to be without her. I am planning on having fun though. Thanks Liz for being pregnant and inviting me to your party.

Lastly, Brenna has started to say two new words that are just too cute. I will be sad when she says them for real. The first is "lighthouse". It actually sounds like the word. Her intonation is just so cute. She separates the words like she really has to try and put them together in her head. I love it. The other she just started saying this morning while watching "Sesame Street". (I just noticed how many "e"s are in those words.)(Then I ran the spell check and found out that you don't spell "seseme" like that. Nathan and Mom should get a kick out of that one.) She says "Cuke-Key Mo-Mer". How cute is that. You should all here it.

No comments: