Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Every Mom Needs....

... a night away from their child every two years. Yes, I am sad to say that it took two years for me to have a night away. I would have done it earlier, but there hasn't been the opportunity. I had a wonderful time at the "sprinkle" on Friday night and my wonderful husband let me stay away all day on Saturday too. I literally shopped until I dropped. I probably spent way too much money, but I had several things I needed to get done while I was in town. I had a great day going from store to store 23 pounds lighter than normal. I do have to say I was happy to see my little princess and husband at the end of Saturday, but I loved every minute to myself.

Unfortunetly I spent part of Sunday and all day on Monday trying to survive a massive migraine. Oh how I hate those headaches. Paul says he had a thorn to bear and always asked for God to take it away. My thorn is firmly implanted in my head. It is especially hard now that I have a little toddler to care for when I can't function at all. Hopefully I have taken some stepps that will help these painful days to become fewer.

Today I made some very yummy muffins for Brenna and I for breakfast. They were super healthy and we both loved them. I'll see if Nathan likes them too. I have my doubts. If anyone is interested, I would be happy to share the recipe.

No comments: