Friday, February 22, 2008

Overactive Smeller

I think I have an overactive smeller. I have always associated smells with memories and it is kind of funny when the associations pop up in my head. Today I was on my daily walk. The weather was perfect: 60 degrees, sunny, crisp morning. As I was walking along my smeller got a whiff of outdoor grilled hamburgers. I thought I was back in Colorado at Frontier Ranch. It is the swim and relay day. How fun. Then and outdoor lunch of hamburgers, baked beans, potato chips, a pickle, and a snickers bar. Maybe that says I spent too many summers there, or maybe it just means Frontier Ranch will always hold a special place in my heart.

I know this one is blurry, but I just love the joy on her face. She kept falling over on purpose and cracking herself up.

No comments: