Saturday, June 28, 2008

Sleepy Girl

I would have to say Brenna was worn out by VBS this week. Her sleep schedule has been all messed up. This picture was taken at 9:15 am, and I don't think she was waking any time soon. I started to make some noise so she would wake up. I didn't want her to miss her nap in the afternoon. We have all been a little on the tired side. I have actually taken a nap with Brenna for the past 2 days, but today I knew the bills were overdue and spent the time working on them.



After VBS on Friday, I found this in Brenna's bag. She must have had a lot of fun with it for them to send it home with her. I guess it was appropriate since the theme was Outrigger Island (in Hawaii) this year.



Today at the pool Brenna was quite funny. There was a lady sunbathing. Whenever Brenna sees people sunbathing she says they are night-night. So the scene proceeded as follows.

Brenna sees lady. "Lady go ni-ni."

Brenna turns to Daddy and jumps. She comes up wiping her hair out of her eyes and spitting out water.

Daddy takes Brenna to the stairs. Brenna turns to see, "Lady go ni-ni."

Repeat sequence several times.

Daddy take Brenna to stairs one last time. Brenna turns, "Lady go... Where lady go?"

Lady had moved to the end of the pool to talk to her children.

It was actually quite funny to Nathan and watching Brenna's amazement to discover that the lady had moved.


Well, we have one week left until we are Georgia bound. We are all excited about seeing family and friends we had to leave behind. We are also both looking forward to food we had to leave behind. Nathan wants to eat lunch at a favorite Chinese place while I am looking forward to Krimson's. They couldn't be more different and they are in very different parts of town, but I am sure we will manage. I will think about the yummy sandwich and cookie until then.

No comments: