Saturday, June 7, 2008

Childless

What a strange feeling to be without Brenna. She went with Mom yesterday to spend part of the week with Mimi and Poppi. Mom said she had some trouble going to sleep last night, but hopefully she slept through the night. This is the first time she has spent a night away from Mommy and Daddy. That has to be a little hard for her too.

I find it humorous that Nathan and I don't know what to do with ourselves today. Tomorrow we are leaving for Padre which will be great fun, but today we are left wonder what to do in this little town. So far we have come up with Walmart for cat food and Jerry B's for dinner. Sounds like an exciting day. I'm sure I will sew some and Nathan will play some video games, but it sure is quiet in this house today.

I love my little girl. I hope she has a great time with Mimi and Poppi. I know that Nathan and I will have a great weekend alone. That alone time is long overdue. But when all is said and done, I will be glad to be a whole family again. I guess that says that we are doing something right as a family. We can tolerate and enjoy the time apart, but also love coming back together as a whole.

No comments: