Monday, June 2, 2008

First day of Summer Break

Today was the first day of summer break for Nathan. It was a good day for everyone. I have the feeling that it is going to be hard for Brenna and I to adjust when Nathan goes back to work again at the end of July. Brenna loved having both of us at home today. I was able to go run today for the first time in awhile. I loved it. Then we went to the pool for the remainder of the morning. Nathan and I rotated who watched Brenna most closely. It was a great time for all of us. Brenna loves the pool and she is getting better in the water every time we go. I hope she is comfortable going under by the time the summer ends. I would love for her to be able to swim under water, but I don't know if she will or not. We will just see how the summer goes.

I am tired as the day ends. I guess I did more than normal. I hope Brenna sleeps well tonight. I think I will. I thought she would get a good nap, but that darn fire siren woke her up. It makes me so sad. She wakes up scared to death. She just doesn't want to go back to sleep then. They go off all the time here now. I'm sure it would help some if it would rain a little. I do feel like Nathan. We bring a vortex of dryness wherever we go. How sad. I do miss the rain. I think I would even enjoy a few afternoon showers here. Now that is a good nap time.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

oh the begining of summer break. I wish as a mom I would get a summer break :)