Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Happy New Year

Wow, Christmas has come and gone in a blur to me. It was a crazy Christmas for us this year. We drove to Georgia and loved the time we spent there with family and friends. The drive there was great. I was completely amazed at how well Brenna did on the 15 hour car ride. She was a little trouper. Unfortunetly the drive back was not as pleasant, but still pretty good considdering the length.

Nathan and I enjoyed all the conversations we had with family and friends the most. We miss the companionship we had there so much. There were several late nights for us, but we survived and came out the other side happy to have had the opportunity to visit.

I took more pictures than I can post. Brenna loved Christmas this year. By the time we opened presents with my family, she really understood the concept of opening gifts. She wanted to open hers, mine, Daddy's, Tanners, Aaron's, and Liz's. When she finished opening one package she would hussle over to the tree to capture another one to open. Unfortunetly she can't read yet. I had to send her to the appropriate receiver. Apparently she had a lot of fun.

Nathan and I also realized we need a bigger car. We couldn't get all her toys, the dog and the cat home in one trip. Brenna, Annie, and Westin came home with us, but many of the toys are dispersed at various homes until we can gather them at our house.

Here are a few Christmas pictures.
These were her favorites from Nonni and Grandaddy Jones.

Here is everyone at the Jones Christmas day. Oma is missing out of the picture because she is taking it.

Brenna really got into her unwrapping.

And this is the favorite from Mimi and Poppi Collins


As you can see, Christmas was very fun this year with a toddler. We enjoyed everything about it this year.

As for the New Year. Brenna and I have traveled to Austin to see a friend from high school. That was a great treat for me. Amy and I don't get to see each other often, though we do talk a lot. Brenna played with Amy's daughter Krissy pretty well. There were a few scuffles over toys, but all in all the time was well spent. Brenna had her first baking experience and had fun blowing some bubbles one night. Amy and I also had shopping time to ourselves. I was able to spend a little of Brenna's christmas money. That was a lot of fun.

Anyways, that is all I have been up to for the past few weeks. I hope to write a little more now that life should be getting back to normal again. I will leave you with a few pictures of the Austin trip.

Brenna and Krissy baking

Brenna enjoying the fruits of her labor

Blowing bubbles

Luvin' the new car

No comments: