Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Getting ready

I spent all day yesterday sick. I don't know what it was, but I feel better today thank goodness. I realized that I have a ton to do before we leave on Thursday afternoon. I don't think I will have enough nap time to get it all done. Hopefully I will.

So, instead of working on some of my tasks at hand, I decided to write a little. I wanted to wish everyone a merry Christmas. I'm sorry you won't be receiving a Christmas card this year. We are really trying to cut costs right now. I am hoping that next year will be different. I miss sending our our annual cards.

I was walking this morning and realized that Christmas is only a week away, which in turn makes New Years only two weeks away. Where has the year gone. It has been such a busy one for us: moving, a new job, new friends (hopefully we will be more successful on that front next year). There is a lot of sadness for me in the last few months of this year. I hope that I won't remember this year just by those sad later moments. I want to remember Brenna's first birthday and all her milestones. I want to remember being closer to my family. There has been a lot of joy mixed in with the sadness and anxiety. I learned long ago that you can't have one without the other.

So, you may not hear from me until after Christmas. I hope that you enjoy this time with your family as much as we will with ours. There will be loads of pictures to show when we return from our mammoth drives. I look forward to a new year with all our friends and family.

2 comments:

Mary Jessica said...

I'm always happy to read your updates. I know it's been a rough year for you, and I think of you often. Hope your holiday traveling is relatively stress-free and completely enjoyable! xoxo MJ

Amber said...

I hope you all have safe travels and a wonderful Christmas and New Years!