Wednesday, January 16, 2008

...followed by an onslaught of crazy ones

Several hundred dollars and a day and a half of business, Nathan and I are now the proud owners of Texas liscense plates, resgistration, and inspection sticker. I also have my Texas permit, with the real drivers liscense on it's way in 7 to 10 business days. Wow, that was even a load to write.

If you don't live in Texas, you wouldn't believe all the steps you have to take in order to be legal to drive. It is crazy. I was very thankful for living in a small town now. It would have taken many more hours had I have lived in a larger town. I'm also not sure if our cars would have passed inspection. Thank you Lord they did.

When I moved to Georgia, I was a little sad to hand over my Texas driver's liscense and take the Texas plates off my car. I am having those same sad feelings again. It is strange how those driving necessities actually define where home is. As Texas still doesn't feel like home, giving those two things up leaves me feeling a little lost. I know this won't last for long though. I am just being a little sentimental or maybe even silly.

All though Governmental lines and buildings are no place for a toddler. Nevertheless, Brenna was there with me the whole time. She was a trooper, but today has been all about her. No lines or building to stand in. Only toddler world.

I have also been madly cleaning my much neglected house. The floors are beginning to shine. (Well, at least I can imagine they shine. At least I know they are clean as evidenced by the less dirty socks I take off of Brenna's feet at the end of the day.) The bathrooms smell and look clean again, and the kitchen is legal to cook in again. I do love having a clean house. Now to tackle the inch of dust on my shelves and the dirt covered rugs. Hopefully I will finish it all before it is time to start again.

Hopefully the sun will show it's beauty again so that we can go play outside this afternoon.

No comments: