Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Small Town Bliss

Today Brenna and I got to experience one to the privileges of living on the main street of a small town. We were getting ready to go for our daily walk, when I started to hear a lot of commotion down the street. It sounded like it was coming from the fire station. Annie was barking and I heard a lot of noisy kids yelling at cars that were passing by. I decided to hurry up with getting ready for our walk. Once we got outside I realized that something really was happening. Brenna and I walked a short ways down the road and then I saw what was coming. Apparently a portion of the San Antonio rodeo rides from Corpus Christi to San Antonio every year. Guess who is smack in the middle of those two places? Yes, it is indeed Karnes City. We had so much fun watching all the cowboys and cowgirls stopping traffic to ride through town on their lovely and very hot horses. I'm glad it was still a cool morning. I can't even tell you how many riders there were. Brenna loved it. She hasn't stopped talking about the "neighs", donkeys, wagons, chickens, and puppies, since we saw the parade. It definitely made for an eventful morning.

We also had an exciting day yesterday. We were finally able to get all of Brenna's Christmas presents here this weekend. We picked some of them up at Aaron and Elizabeth's house on Saturday and my parents were nice enough to come here before they went home on Sunday to bring the rest. So, Sunday night Nathan and I put together Brenna's new desk and her new rocking chair. When she got up on Monday morning that was the first thing she noticed. She didn't even want her normal morning cuddle with me. It was fun for me to watch her Christmas excitement all over again. I am especially glad for the new toys to play with. We were really getting bored last week. Hopefully the excitement of these will last her until her birthday.

No comments: