Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Two Things

Many may have already heard this story, but I needed to tell it here too. Brenna and I went to the first football game last Friday night. It is amazing how much difference a year can make in the behavior of a child. She wasn't really bad last year, but I had to chase her up and down the bleachers all night. It was quite exhausting. At this game, she was really noticing all the things around her. She especially loved the mascot. The statement I heard most was, "Mommy, where is the Badger?" She even got to give the badger a hug and was thrilled. I'm sure we will be giving the badger a hug at each game now.

So here is the funny story for the evening. The announcer was saying something while Brenna was standing on the bleachers to get a better look at the badger. When she heard him talking, she turned to look down at me and said, "Mommy, is that God?" I was trying hard not to laugh at her, but it was so cute and funny. I had to giggle a little. I explained to her that it was just the announcer talking. "Where is he?" I pointed up and told her he was in the house at the top of the stands, but we couldn't really see him right then. I guess my answer was sufficient. She didn't question me anymore.


The other thing I wanted to share today was Brenna's precious face when she saw the surprise I brought home for her this weekend. I have been looking at a towel set at Walmart for a few weeks now. Last week it went on sale and I couldn't resist. It was just too cute and I knew she would love it. Besides, I have never decorated her bathroom for her. I bought everything they had. I'm thankful it was all on sale.






I count the surprise a success.

2 comments:

William K. Neal said...

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything... it would have come out of my nose.

keyofdjonz said...

how cute! love the bathroom stuff. she looks so much like a little girl and not like a baby anymore, : ) : (