Sunday, September 27, 2009

No Title

I can't think of a title to define this last week. We have been crazy here in the big KC. I'll review the highlights. Last Sunday night, Brenna and I went to SA. We both had Dr appointments on Monday, so we spent the night with A and E. It is always fun to be there. Both appointments went well, although there wasn't much new information. I guess some appointments are just like that. On Wednesday, Brenna and I went to a "See you at the Poll" rally. It was a great time of worship, but Brenna was up late that night. She became progressivly more grumpy and tired as the week moved along. She had many late nights and of course she didn't want to nap. What am I going to do with that girl?

Thursday was my work day and the night of the 33 Miles concert. It was a crazy day for many people here. The concert was awesome. I am still thinking through it and Nathan is still recovering from all the moving of equiptment of several different events. The concert was the first of his events. I loved being a part of something God is doing in KC. I am still hearing people say how amazed they were that the band was so good and they came to KC. Thank you 33 miles, John Waller, and Pocket Full of Rocks for taking your time to minister to the people of KC.

Friday was football day. Brenna didn't nap and was up late again. Poor thing was just so tired by Saturday. The whole Jones Family was grumpy by Saturday night. Sadly the Badgers lost the football game, Brenna still had a great time at the game.

Saturday was a marching contest for Nathan. Brenna and I went to a sewing party in SA. Yes, you read correctly. I went to a party where we all brought our sewing machines and sewed. And yes, It was a lot of fun. We were making dresses for little girls in Africa who have lost their parents and are caring for the rest of thier family. I loved being able to make the little dresses as cute as possible and thinking how much the little girls would love them. I met new people and had a great time talking and laughing with my new friends. Brenna had fun playing with her new friends, although she was very tired by the time we left.

So that is it. I have several posts worth of pictures coming this week. I'll end with one picture from last week. Although Brenna isn't naping most days, she does fall asleep sometimes. It is normally pretty funny too because she has books all around her. I was able to capture one of those times before waking her.

No comments: