Friday, September 18, 2009

What a day, what a day!

Well, it has been quite a day for Brenna and I. It started out looking good and has finally ended well. It was just the middle that was a little turbulent. After breakfast, "school", and Sesame Street, I decided to take Brenna to the park. I asked her if she needed to go potty and she emphatically said "no." Can you guess where this is going? Well, I am trying to teach her to make good decisions about going potty before we leave the house, so I said, "Okay, let's go." Five minutes later, at the park, those famous words came from her precious little mouth, "Momma, I need to go potty." We walked to the park restroom, but it was locked. When I told her we had to go home, she decided she didn't need to go anymore. I said, "Okay, but I don't want you to have an accident." Needless to say, she did and we went home with a few tears. We talked about going potty before we leave the house so that we can stay and have fun. Maybe she will remember that lesson next time. I'm sure we will have the opportunity to see.

Later it was nap time. I got her in bed and gave her a pile of books to read. About an hour later she starts frantically screaming. When I looked on her monitor, I noticed that she had another bloody nose. So I went to take care of that problem and told her to rest a little longer. Five minutes before we needed to leave for the "pepper rally", she fell asleep. Now in two weeks, she has only taken one nap. Why in the world did she decided to fall asleep today? I knew that if we missed the "pepper rally" I would be in big trouble. In fact, I believe she might never nap again in fear of missing some fun activity again. So I awakened a very sleepy Brenna. Poor thing. I asked her if she wanted to keep sleeping or go see the badger. Can you guess her answer?

On the way out she went potty. (Score one for Mom.) I grabbed my purse, a snack for Brenna and Nathan, and my sunglasses, locked the door, and shut it. As my hand pulled the locked door shut, my head screamed, "No, you didn't grab your keys!" So, we ended up walking to the school. Luckily it is less than a mile away. "Come on Brenna, we have to hurry." "Yes, I'll pick you up, but you can walk a little more." "You can make it a little farther." "Okay Baby, I'll carry you." We did make it to the "pepper rally" and as a bonus Brenna got to hug Boomer, the Badger.

After getting Nathan's keys and a ride home, we headed to Walmart. That trip landed a few toys in time out, but we made it home alive. We ate our pizza and are now watching Boz. I'm thinking she will fall asleep soon. I'm also thinking tomorrow will be better. Brenna and I have both missed Nathan this week. In Brenna's words, "Daddy will be home all night long."


(The picture has nothing to do with the post, it was just funny. This one was for Pepere and Oma.)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh! I'm kind of laughing but feeling just sorry for you too. You really are a good mom and Brenna is so lucky to have you. You're teaching her right and making all sorts of good decisions. I'd have woken her up too for that "pepper ally". I'm so glad you were that close to the school...just think you were getting another "arm" workout. Hoping tomorrow is better. So did she go to sleep well? I sure hope so! Praying for good naps tomorrow for everyone!

kristi said...

what a day!!! we are BIG Boz fans too!!

keyofdjonz said...

i love the way she calls it a "pepper rally!" you definitely made the right choice to wake her b/c you are so right, she would never have slept again for fear of missing something important, ha-ha

sorry you had to walk, i'll bet your arms were tired!

oma told me about the picture, it is priceless!