Saturday, September 5, 2009

How a Texas Girl becomes a Bulldog


I think it is official. This Texas born and bred girl has officially moved over to the Georgia bulldog world. I fought the conversion all those years that I lived in Georgia, but now that I have moved back to Texas I'm claiming UGA as my colors. Maybe I just like to go against the flow. There certainly aren't many UGA fans her in South Texas. Although whenever I see a bulldog shirt I have to smile at my comrade. Maybe I just like Red and Black, but if that were the sole reason, I could have been a Raider fan. Maybe I am thinking of all the excitement in Athens today. I did love the game day fun, but that was probably true for most schools. Maybe the conversion happened because I had to dress Brenna in something on Saturdays. I should have know it would happen someday when I became a Jones. I'm just not sure that you can be a part of this family and not root for the Dawgs. I don't really know if there is one single reason, but I know were I stand for now. Go Dawgs!