Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Little Dresses for Africa

I was so privileged to participate in a program called Little Dresses For Africa. I had not previously heard of this Christian based organization, but I love their idea and vision. Little Dresses is a non-profit organization that provides dresses for little girls in Africa. Many times these girls are taking care of their brothers and sisters because their parents have died of AIDS or some other illness.

I have made a pillowcase dress before for Brenna, but I forgot how long they actually took to make. I went to the party expecting to whip out several of these simple but cute little dresses. I was wrong. I only finished one because I wanted to add little things to it so the girl who receives it might feel special and loved. I must say that I had a lot of fun making this little dress and would like to make more for the organization. Maybe I will organize a little party like this in Karnes City in the future. I loved being able to meet people and spend the afternoon sewing, laughing, and chatting with other ladies. How fun!

This is a picture of our final products. Our hostess send me the picture. I love the way the dresses turned out. So cute.

No comments: