Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Growing Up (sniff, sniff)

Have you every woken up one day to realize your little baby isn't a little baby anymore? That has been my day today. I really did it to myself, but I think it was about time. I spent the morning doing this.

I know, I know, she is two and a half for crying out loud. It is time for her to sleep in her "big girl" bed. I just didn't want to switch her over. Part of me didn't want to give her that much freedom. I like that she is captive in her crib. But there was another part of me that just didn't want to see my little baby out of that crib. It really means she is growing up. I decided it was silly of me to keep waiting because she is growing up regardless of where she sleeps. Also, she can't sleep in the crib forever.

So this morning, I asked her if she wanted to sleep in her big girl bed today and take the crib down. She got all excited and didn't stop talking about it until we had the whole bed set up. She got to pick out which color sheets to use and she kept saying, "It's so pretty!"


Even at lunch she told me, "wanna go nite nite in my big girl bed." It did take her a little while to fall asleep, but she seems to be doing well now. Hopefully she will transition without any problems and I can get her room organized again. I also have to find a place to put the crib. We just don't have any storage space.


So did I stop with that big change today? No. My philosophy is why only do one big thing when you can do two on the same day. Well, this second one isn't nearly as big of a change for her as it is for my own mindset. I am putting away the highchair until our next little one comes along. Brenna is now sitting at the table in a booster seat. Unfortunately, now I need a new table. Her knees hit the table, and I'm not sure if I really trust our chairs to hold up against the wiggles of a toddler.


Those are all my changes for today. Later we will go to the fall festival here in Karnes City. Hopefully I will be able to post some fun pictures tomorrow.

For now, this mother of a "big girl" is going to transplant some plants.

1 comment:

Krischa said...

You cracked me up with this post! I wasn't as sad to see the cribs go. Plus my boys wouldn't stay in theirs and just kept climbing out and we were constantly moving with Ron's work. So it was alot of work to assemble the cribs each time. It did take some adjustment time for going to sleep, knowing they could easily get out. The highchair thing was easy too, but I guess that's just me. Or maybe because I have two it was more work so them "growing up" made it a little easier. I am starting to miss the new baby smell and stuff! That's slow going though. Talk to you later.