Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A New Week

Sometimes I feel like so much changes in one week. At other times the week seems to drag by with a boring sameness. This week has been the former. Brenna seems to be talking non-stop. Her vocabulary is growing by dictionary pages. Yesterday at lunch we were all sitting together at the table. Brenna looked over at Nathan and said, "Daddy, how is your lunch? To which Nathan responded, "It's good, Brenna. How is yours?" Brenna looked down at her next bite and said, "Good." I can't believe she is carrying on a normal conversation. It just doesn't seem like she is old enough yet.

I also brought out the paint brush and water to paint on the already printed paper this week. Brenna loved this new activity. She probably painted for 45 minutes. She even bought apples (imaginary ones) to me so that we could share them while she worked.


She had to concentrate so hard. I love to see her expressions while she works and learns. Everything is just so new to her. I wonder if have the same expressions when I am sewing or working on a project.

I must have been in a crafty mood this week because we also played with playdo. She wanted to cut out all different shapes "all by herself". Then she proceeded to have the shapes interact with each other. She is so relational. It is especially evident in her play. Even today, she was carrying all her animals to different places around the house and having them interact together. I wonder if this is an important learning time in her life. She seems to be developing in so many different ways.



One last thought for the evening. Is it strange that we dress our child in Georgia attire? I mean most parents dress their children in clothing from their Alma mater. Neither Nathan nor I went to UGA. I guess it is okay because that is where Nathan wanted to go. I just go along for the ride. Maybe I was won over to the dark side. Does that mean that some of the "Texas" has left and was replaced by a little "Georgia"? I guess you would have to say I am a little of both. So Brenna will continue to sport her Georgia attire. Saturday game days just didn't feel right when she wasn't wearing her cheerleader outfit.

1 comment:

keyofdjonz said...

maybe brenna will fulfill nathan and my dream of going to UGA: )