Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Busy Busy Bees

This week and next week feel like frantic weeks. Nathan and I both have a lot going on. Well, lets be honest, Nathan has a lot going on, so I have a lot of entertaining to do. That is okay with me most of the time, but as always, I wish there were more things for me to do in this town. Nathan has multiple games to attend tomorrow and then the regular game on Friday night. Then next week, he has more games, we have a fall festival, and Brenna and I are going to Houston. Okay, when I write it all out, it doesn't really seem impossible.

So in the mundane world of Brenna and I, today we went to the... (wait for it... wait for it...wait... yes)... the park. Nothing new and exciting about that, but there were 4 two year olds and four mommies. I think we all enjoyed the time together. These are the four mommies that I have met in the time we have been here. I'm not sure if there are even any others with toddlers in this town. Well, maybe there are, but they must all work outside the home. Anyways, it was nice to spend time with the other ladies. We chatted and just had a nice time watching the kids entertain themselves for a change.

The biggest thing going in my life right now is that I am helping to start a youth group at the church. There hasn't been one in many years now, and I am really excited to see where God leads us. Luckily I am not doing this all on my own. Nathan is helping and there is also a college student who is committed to the group. We are praying for another male to facilitate the guys group. Then there are the "behind the scenes" planners that are helping me brainstorm and get this thing off the ground. It is all very exciting and nerve-racking for me. I am praying that God will use me here in big ways, but that I won't get overwhelmed when I look at all the "bigness" around me. I am also taking suggestions of resources or ideas that might help.

That is all that is happening in my world today. I'm signing out now. Hopefully Brenna will drift into sleep land soon and finish her nap strong. Maybe I can shut my eyes for a bit too.

The "bee in the title refers to my sweet little girl. Poor thing had to be a bee again this year because her mommy didn't get life together enough to decide on a different costume for her. Oh well, at least she is two and doesn't really know the difference. We don't even really "trick or treat", she just likes to wear the costume to the different fall festivals. Actually we will even be in Houston that Friday. This really isn't one of my favorite holidays, but do love all the cute costumes. I'll post a picture soon. She is a mighty cute bee even if she is in her second year of the costume.

No comments: