Monday, December 3, 2007

"Nanta" and Christmas fun

We went to the Christmas festival here in Karnes city on Saturday. The temperature was around 75 and it was very windy. Not feeling much like Christmas. I though there was a parade, but it ended up being the old fire truck bringing Santa to the festival. While Nathan was busy playing in the band and keeping his middle school kids in line, I decided to take Brenna over to take her picture with Santa. Now, here is a little background. We have been talking about Santa some this year. I have towels up in her bathroom that have a picture of Santa on them. She can now point at every Santa she sees and promptly say "Nanta, Nanta, Nanta". I was optimistic for the picture.

We stood in line for about 5-10 min, and we could see Santa the whole time. I kept pointing to show her what he looked like. She seemed interested and excited. Of course she was also interested in the baby behind us who had a bottle of "mulk". The running commentary was "baby, baby, mulk, mulk, nanta, nanta". It was a very exciting afternoon to say the least.

We finally make it to the front and I start walking towards santa. I can feel her arms and legs begin to wrap around me and hang on for dear life. I truly believe if I let go she would not have moved an inch. So, we get up to Santa and I say, "Brenna, can you sit on Santa's lap." To which she begins to reply, "No, No, No, No" with increasing resolve on each word. The picture is proof of how we solved this problem. It's not a great picture because it is actually a picture of a picture.


This is another cute picture of what Brenna was doing the rest of the festival. She does love her sticks and rocks.

No comments: