Friday, December 14, 2007

New things

I know I have posted about new things often, but I just love to watch Brenna discover the world around her. Today I pulled out a box of packaging popcorn and let her go to town. (It has been a rainy day.) She made a mess, but had a blast for over an hour. Unfortunetly I was so busy keeping the popcorn out of her mouth that I forgot to snap a few shots of her play time. By lunch time, we had to put the box away and vaccuum up many tiny pieces of leftover popcorn. How fun!

A few days ago, I pulled out the playdoh. That was quite fun too. She loved mashing it between her fingers. The feel of playdoh must be so strange to a young childs little hands. It isn't very often that we as adults are able to immerse our hands into a new sensation. It was fun to watch her learn about that new feeling.


She has also recently learned how to climb into the kitchen chairs. She loves to sit there any time we are in the kitchen. Fortunetly there have not been any serious falls yet. Unfortunetly there have been a few not so serious fall that have lead to a few tears. It was hard not to laugh yesterday when one of these falls occured. She hit the back of her head on her way out of the chair. I picked her up to comfort her and say she was okay. As I did the mom thing, I sat into the accused chair. She asked to be put down and proceeded to ask me to get out of the chair. She pushed it away as if to say, "bad chair". It was cute.

No comments: