Thursday, April 1, 2010

Frankenpuppy

(Beware, graphic pictures follow story.)
On Wednesday morning, I was trying to do what is best for my dogs. I got up extra early to walk the dogs after I went for a short run. While all three of us were walking, a big dog came tearing after us. Unfortunately, Annie, my aggressive little dog, stepped up to the challenge. I don't think she really antagonized the fight and it wasn't a territorial issue. We were across the street and on the opposite side of the road. Regardless of why it happened, Annie was attacked. I started screaming for someone to get me a water hose, but no one could help. I thought I was watching my dog die. It was an awful experience I never want to repeat. The little girl who owned the other dog was trying to pull her dog off Annie, but she wasn't strong enough. Finally the girl's mom came out and got the dog off Annie. Sweet Annie Boo earned herself a night at the vet and many stitches. She has a doozie of a scar to brag about.

I am so thankful that Brenna was not with me. I am so thankful that my dog is still alive even though she doesn't feel well tonight. I am thankful the other dog didn't go after Sophie. She would be dead. I am thankful the little girl didn't get hurt badly, and I am thankful that I wasn't hurt. I am also thankful that Annie should heal well.



4 comments:

keyofdjonz said...

i feel so bad for our "granddog" poor little girl~ we're praying for her recovery

Amy said...

Errr. It just makes me mad. Your puppy didn't deserve that even if she is occasionally aggressive. Still hospitalized?

Stephanie said...

I surely will tell Peno not to start anything with Annie, should you guys visit with the dogs. You've got one tough little pup there. I'm glad to hear that you all are fine.

Ashley's Second Chance Memorial Scholarship said...

I am new to this blogging thing and came across your page, which I enjoy, and then I came across this story and I was heart broken. I am such a huge dog lover, and if anything were to happen to my Abbie like it did your Annie I would be crushed. I am glad all is well and Annie will be okay:)