Monday, April 19, 2010

Moving Night

How strange it seems, that I have book ended my life here on E. Calvert. That first night two and a half years ago, I cried myself to sleep, and left a lamp on through the night. I scarcely sleep that night for fear of bugs crawling all over me. It was a legitimate fear although luckily, unfulfilled.

Tonight, on this last night at this home, sleep evades me. I am awake with excitement, thankfulness, joy, and anticipation. I am ready to complete the move into our new home on Fair Lane Dr. Nathan and I purchased our first home yesterday morning. It is a modest home of about 15000 square feet. It is clean, bug free, and well insulated. It has a very well laid floor plan, and lots of storage space. There is floor space for Brenna and the pets to run in circles, and it is ours. God’s blessings overwhelm me tonight. His care surrounds my every thought and leaves me almost speechless. How can I express my gratitude and love? How can I bottle this grateful heart and display it each day?

Alone, before the chaos of yesterday began, Nathan and I stepped into our new home. We walked through each room and enjoyed our time together. I wish I would have thought to pray for the home: to dedicate it to the work of God, to give it back to Him. Tonight, on our first night there, when all is quiet and everyone has left, I will spend time placing our first little home back into Your hands.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for your family. I know you'll just love your new house. This couldn't have come to any more deserving people than you. We love you!

keyofdjonz said...

such sweet thoughts and blessings on your home~

Kelly said...

you have such a beautiful heart. thanks for sharing.