Thursday, April 29, 2010

Brenna Bear

My little Brenna Bear, where have the years gone? Are you really already 4 years old? You are such a little girl now, no longer a little baby. Although you will always be my baby girl. You have grown a lot this year. I'll start with your vocabulary. It is practiced almost all day long. You amaze me with the words you know. I have to laugh at some of the new grown up words you randomly use. They creep into your speach and surprise me. You pick up language so quickly probably due to your love for books.

Speeking of books, we read all the time. You love to go to the library and pick out new books to read. You no longer fall asleep each day at nap time, but we do have rest time. If you aren't sleepy, you like to "read" in bed. You spend the whole time looking at each book I have piled on your bed. You have also been known to fall asleep with a book on your head. You are following in your father's footsteps.

I love the way your sense of humor has started to take off. Daddy says his prayers were answered because you got my looks and his sense of humor. I'm not sure if it is really his sense of humor, but you do love to laugh. You love to make other people laugh. Often you will laugh and then wait to see if anyone around you laughs too. Of course if you get a response, you will perform again.

You love music and dancing. If you are watching a show you will get up to dance whenever music is playing. And you are always the last one to watch the credits with Daddy. Daddy is watching to see who wrote the score, but you want to hear every last note of the score. It is fun to see you sitting at the end of a movie long after all the other kids have left.

I love to hear you sing. You even hit the right notes most of the time. Daddy and I were recently discussing how much we would love to hear you sing in church someday. I'm not sure if you will enjoy singing in front of a bunch of people, but you do love singing your praise songs to Jesus.

Speaking of Jesus, your prayers are starting to develop past the rote memory ones. For so long you have said the same thing every night, but in the past month you have started to change it up a bit. I think you are starting to understand how to talk to Jesus. I'm sure it stirs his heart as is does mine. You pray for people in your life and for those you don't even know. It is so sweet to hear you pray for your friends and to ask how they are doing the next day.

I love to watch you playing with your friends. You are such a friendly little thing. You have several "best friends" and love to play with them at their house our ours. You are learning to share your toys better and you are playing with your friends instead of beside them.

I can't believe that I only have one year left before you go to school. It just doesn't seem possible.

I love you with all my heart. You are my little Brenna Bear, my love bug, my sweet pea. I am so thankful God chose you to be my little girl.

2 comments:

Kevin Cornelius said...

Thanks for sharing your heart about your precious daughter. She is a treasure, guard her well.,

keyofdjonz said...

i thank God and pray everyday for you, nathan and brenna. we are so glad that God chose you for nathan and He chose the 2 of you for brenna! we love our brenna bunny : )