Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Still Waiting

Buying a house is sooooooo frustrating. I spend all day trying to decipher diabolical feelings. On one side, I am so excited about our future. I am envisioning us in the new home. I am thinking about wall colors and what it will be like to walk in the front door of our first home. It is all so fun. Then there is the other nasty side of buying a home. I madly pack the house, make plans and arrangements, set up utilities, only to find that other people don't do their jobs very well. I don't like not having a since of control. Right now I am learning to deal with my lack of control, or go crazy. I choose to deal with it, but it isn't easy.

I have the house mostly packed, therefore, I no longer have cooking supplies. I have packed the baking dishes, measuring cups and spoons, and plates. I have had a successful yard sale in which I sold the oven that we don't need. It will probably be leaving us at the end of the week. So, even if I didn't have said baking necessities, I would have no oven to put them in. My solution, use the churches or eat out. The church may be a little inconvenient, but there really isn't a good selection of restaurants here in the large metropolis of Karnes City.

Hopefully I don't have to mail anything. Yes, the envelopes are packed too. No sewing projects for me now. All books are stored away. I didn't pack clothes or Brenna's room so we will be dressed and entertained.

Though I do have list of complaints, I still hold to my thankful heart. I am so grateful for this new home. I am ready to make it ours. I am thankful that God has provided the house and the funds to purchase. I am thankful for family members that are helping us financially, with prayers, and with muscles. I am thankful for lessons learned even though they may not be easy. I am thankful in the midst of this chaos.

So now, we wait. I pray that God will continue to remind me that HE is in control, that I can trust HIM, and that HIS timing is best. I may not understand or see why we must wait, but there is a reason. I pray for patience while I wait. Patience with Brenna when I am stressed. Patience with title companies that won't move fast. Patience with myself as I learn to wait.

We will be moving soon, but for now, we wait.

No comments: