Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Life keeps flying by

Nathan informed me yesterday that I am very behind, as if I didn't already know that. I think I am always behind in life. If fact, is there ever really a time that any of us have finished everything we could possibly finish. I certainly can't think of one, but let me at least attempt to catch up on what is going on in our lives.

Brenna and I got back from Georgia on Friday. We both had a great time there. Brenna got to play with Nonni and G-Daddy all by herself. They picked her up from the airport on Friday and brought her back to me in Athens on Monday night. Everyone, including me enjoyed that time. I am so grateful to them for all their driving and time. I am also glad Brenna got that special time with her grandparents. I think it is so important for kids to have time alone with their grandparents.

Meanwhile, in Athens, I was able to spend time alone with Stephanie. Billy was great about watching Elijah so that we could go play a little on Saturday and Sunday. We tootled around Athens on Saturday. I had several errands I needed to run and I found a few surprise things that I didn't even know existed. Sunday, after church, we worked on a project that I needed help with. Then Monday, I was able to go spend the day at the barn. It was a great day. I was able to ride two horses and spend time with Cindy. I enjoyed that time greatly. I miss riding and spending time there so much. I sure wish there was a barn here for me. Hopefully one day that will come.

The rest of the week flew by. We talked and enjoyed time together in Comer. I did a trial run with two kids on Tuesday. It worked pretty well. I'm not saying two will be easy, but it is possible. I also think it will be different when the second child is my own.

The last time we were in Georgia, I didn't take any pictures. This time I wanted to at least get a few. I love the first one of Stephanie and Elijah chilling on a porch swing.

Notice the spit up on his chin. I saw a lot of that last week. It brought back so many memories.

I love the stage where little ones find their fingers. It is so cute to watch their amazement when they realize "those 'things' are mine."

I think Brenna has watched a little too much "Jungle Book".

This was a great toy that another friend had for their son. I want to look for it as a Christmas present. I think she would love learning to ride a tricycle on this, and I would still have control without breaking my back. How fun. It even had a little bell. "Ding"


Well, the week ended and Friday arrived. Have I mentioned how hard it is to fly alone with a two year old? She was great, but it was still exhausting, and we still had an hour drive home from SA. Then there was the Friday night football game. Friday was a long day. She had no nap and lost it several times, but she was very glad to see her Daddy and the band when we finally made it to KC. I too was very glad to see Nathan. I always miss him so much when we are apart.

Saturday there was a parade in front of our house. That is one of the benefits of living on the mail street of a small town. The KC band, and Nathan, marched by playing away.


There were tons of floats, some cars, horses, and even a few Emus. Brenna loved it all. The parade was in honor of the Lonesome Dove Festival which we attended after nap time. Isn't she cute in her Georgia attire.

We were riding a little Choo Choo Train around the park. She loved that too.

Sunday I ran a fever and stayed in bed all day and the next day too. I am feeling better now though. Yea! I don't like staying in bed sick. Unfortunately, Brenna woke up from her nap yesterday running a fever of 103. That child runs the highest fevers. Anyways, she acted normal most of the day but didn't sleep well last night. She is still asleep right now. Hopefully she will be feeling better today. I don't like it when she is sick either. It makes me sad.

I think I have now caught everyone up. Sorry for the length to those who have read though the entire account. At least I won't be accused of being behind now.

2 comments:

keyofdjonz said...

we enjoyed having brenna all to ourselves and seeing you! thank you for being a wonderful daughter-in-law. we loved the pictures : )

mjone182 said...

Great blog! We were glad to spend some time with Brenna too! By the way, tell Nathan to get those horns up! ;) (j/k) Hope that you're feeling better!