Friday, September 5, 2008

Fabulous Friday and Thrilling Thursday (night)

Brenna and I had a great day today. I thought I would give her a special treat today just because. We drove 45 min up the road to Seguin to do "playnastics" at a gym there. Brenna loved it. This gym has designated Friday mornings from 9:30 to 11:00 as the Toddler and Pre-School time to play. For a small sum of $7 Brenna can jump, run, hang, and tumble to her hearts content. My poor deprived child had so much fun that she cried when we had to leave. I have to say that I had a bit of fun with her. The hour and a half went by all too fast for both of us. She played so hard, that I thought she would take a mammoth of a nap, but that didn't happen. I was a little concerned when we first got there that she would like at because she seemed so withdrawn. But as soon as I showed her what to do on a few things, she took off running.

I can't even tell you which was her favorite activity. I think we spent the most time at the pit,



but we also did a lot of "bouncy bouncy" on the trampoline.

She liked holding onto the bars and rings and swinging from her hands. We tried the balance beam, but those of you who know the athleticism of Brenna, know that she wasn't very good at that apparatus. She also seemed to love running across the floor. I don't know if that is because gymnastic floors have bounce to them or if she just likes to run in open areas.


All this to say, she had a great time. I loved watching her, and we will spend the gas and $7 to go back another day. The 1.5 hours play was worth the 1.5 hours driving time.

These are a few pictures I took of Brenna playing in the pool with Nathan on Thursday evening. She had almost as much fun in her little pool as she did at the big pool. I decided to blow the pool up since it is still hot here and the community pool is already closed for the year.

1 comment:

keyofdjonz said...

i'm so glad she loves to be active. i don't know if i ever told you but i loved gymnastics in high school. i especially loved the horse and the uneven bars. she looked like she had a ball. you are such a good mom to find things for her to experience!

i wondered who had more fun in the pool, brenna or nathan (lol)! loved the last picture.