Monday, September 8, 2008

Getting Excited with a Little of the Mundane

Brenna and I are both getting excited about our upcoming trip to Georgia that Nathan so secretly arranged. He with the help of his sneaky grandparents worked it out to give me a surprise trip. The time has come to start packing and organizing. I have such a wonderful husband and family. We have started preparing Brenna for the trip now too. She is very excited about going on an airplane. She keeps asking if we will be going after lunch. I guess a lot of fun things in her life happen after lunch.

So, tomorrow is the day to start packing. Oh, but I don't like to pack. That is the worst part of travel. No, on second thought, unpacking is the worst part of travel. I won't worry about that.

The rest of our day has been pretty mundane. At church yesterday we talked about serving God in our mundane, day-to-day tasks. I can do it some days better than others. I was thinking how great it would be to have a child-like attitude. There are so many times in life that I would like to see the world through my daughter's eyes and perspective. Kids make everything fun and games. I work hard to make all the little things Brenna and I do fun for her. As an adult, I take a bath to clean or relax, but mostly I take showers because they are faster. Brenna on the other hand spends as much time as I let her in the bath. She is not in a hurry and she plays while she gets clean. I wish I could turn my daily chores into a fun game that I can play. Maybe tomorrow I will try to do the dishes with a lot of bubbles.


1 comment:

keyofdjonz said...

how true! i think that's one of the wonderful things about being an elementary school teacher. i get to be a kid every now and then : )