Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Brenna

So today is your actually birthday. I still can't believe you are already two. The years have flown by. I have loved you every minute of those past two years. You are a treasure to me. I love who you have become and I love who you will become in the next years. I love to hear you laugh and your smile lights the room. (I know, that's a line used often, but it's true.) When you tell me you love me I feel warmed by your presence. I still can't believe you know to express that feeling now. It shows how much you have grown in the past year.

I love the way you get excited when your grandparents come to visit and I am sad with you when they leave. I love the way you pretend to be shy to new people, but within a minute or two you want to play with them. I love that you like reading books, even though I have read "Blue Bug and the Bullies" enough times for you to know every single of the bugs in the book by name. I love that I am able to stay at home with you every day to watch you grow and learn. What a special privilege I have. You are my special Love Bug.

Yesterday we were able to go ride Pretty Boy. That was a treasure to me. How fun to share my passion with you. I loved that we sang "Jesus loves me", "Old McDonald", and "Twinkle Star". I love singing with you anywhere, and you do love your music. I guess you share both mine and your Daddy's passions. I hope to have many more rides with you. I'll sing to you on the back of a horse any day. Thank you for blessing this Mommy so greatly.


No comments: