Monday, April 7, 2008

A New Baby

Well, Avery Elizabeth Collins was born around 9:15 pm on Thursday night. She weighed 7lbs 14oz and was 21 in long. Elizabeth did have to have a c-section, but she and baby are doing well now. Avery is beautiful and I am so thankful I was able to be here for all the fun. It was so great to be able to hold her less than an hour after she was born. I spend the afternoon at the hospital with my parents, her parents, Liz, and Aaron waiting for the little one to arrive. It was a long wait but I'm so glad I was there.


Brenna and I came home on Saturday afternoon and haven't stopped yet. I guess it is good that we have a slow week this week. Today I tried to go out and take some pictures of Brenna in the bluebonnets, but I wasn't very successful. There just aren't very many here. The picture isn't great, but it will give you all an idea of spring in Texas. It is my favorite time of the year here. I love the Texas wild flowers. When the rain is good, they cover almost every strip of land available. It is a beautiful brush stroke from heaven.

No comments: