Thursday, November 8, 2007

The "Whee"

So, everyday Brenna and I go for a walk and to the park. That is the only thing to do in this town. As we make our way to the park, I also keep hoping that I will see the one mom with a child Brenna's age that I have met here. There just isn't a lot going on in the little town. Hopefully I will start to acclimate soon.

Anyways, as soon as the park is in sight, Brenna starts yelling, "whee, whee, whee." (Translated: "Yea the park! Yea the park! Yea the park!") It is so cute to hear her excitement. She squirms and wiggles until I can finally get her unstrapped from the stroller. She even tries to help me undo the stroller harness. How do you explain to a toddler that I appreciate her help, but will get her out much faster if she sits still?

Then what does she do when she if finally free. She runs to the rocks, dirt, or sticks and starts moving them all around. She doens't even go to slide or swings first. That just makes me laugh. She loves to rearrage dirt. She could (and has) do it for hours and never get bored. What a strange child I have. She at least keeps me laughing.

No comments: