Thursday, July 5, 2007

Independence Day


I can't say how thankful I am for my independence. How priviledged are we to live in a country that is free from tyranny? I forget how blessed I am to be an American. I am thankful for all the men and women who fight today for me, my husband, and child. I am also thankful for those who have fought in the past. I am thankful for the ones who gave their lives for my freedom. Many of my family members have fought for me. Many of the family members that I married into have fought for me. I am thankful for their courage and pride. I am thankful that my child gets to grow up in a place of relative safety. She has more options that she can even fathom. She can do or be anything she desires.

I am also thankful for my spiritual independence. So often I forget that a price was paid for my spriritual freedom. I owe more than I could ever pay. I'm so thankful that Christ bought my freedom for me. I am very loved. I pray that Nathan and I will be able to raise Brenna to know the truth about her freedom.

No comments: