Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Home from Vacation






It is always hard for me to come back home from vacation. I am very thankful to be back in my own house with Nathan and Brenna, but at the same time, I know I will miss my family in Texas. It is always such a split. I guess it proves to me again that you can't have happiness without the experience of saddness. They do go together.

So, how do I quickly describe our trip. I got to see old friends and meet new ones. Brenna had lots of fun with her grandparents and her cousin. She also enjoyed seeing her aunt and uncle, but that time was only a "small window". Nathan enjoyed his much needed down time. He didn't really do much of anything but rest. He says that is what he needed and wanted. So we all benefited from our break.

The driving was long. As you can imagine, our one year old child was not very happy about it, but she did great anyways. On the way home we stopped at the beach. I wanted to show her what the ocean was like. She loved it. She wanted to play in the sand and walk in the water. It was so fun to see her fase as she discovered something new. I will never tire of her expressions of discovery. I should strive to find joy in each days new discoveries.

We were also able to stop by and see Nathan's grandmother, Nana. She has not had the chance to see Brenna yet. It was good to let them meet. That time was also short, but good.

I have posted a few pictures for your enjoyment as well. I will work on posting more regularly again.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I am glad that you all had a great trip! The pictures are too cute! Love the one of Brenna and Tanner lounging on the slide.