Thursday, June 7, 2007

The Tongue


There are many things in life that I find interesting. Why people and children find it necessary to hold their tongues out to one side when learning a new skill, mastering a hard task, or consentrating is one of those things. When my brother was young he did it writing. I have caught Nathan doing it from time to time. I can't say I have ever caught myself, but maybe ask my mom. What makes us outgrow it (most of the time)? Does it help the brain work better? Maybe it is a good way to increase the balance. I don't really know, but it always makes me smile.


Brenna is learning so many new tasks at this age, and her tongue seems to be out more often than it is in. She has already discovered that it exists so that is not the solution. I am going with the balance theory here.


Anyways, yesterday evening after dinner, we needed to waste a little more time, so I took her outside to play with the ball. This was the first time she acually walked around outside instead of crawling from blade to blade of grass. (Each one more tasty than the last.) She loved her ball and insisted on carrying it with her. I tried to tell her it would be more fun to kick it, but she did not agree. She walked like a pro. I was very impressed that she was able to walk on such an uneven surface. Our little girl really is growing up. And she is just so cute too.

No comments: