Friday, March 6, 2009

She's Crackin' Me Up

Brenna and I have had a good day today. I decided we needed to go ride Pretty Boy this morning. That is always a good start for both of us. I am amazed at how much Brenna is learning about horses. She does better every time we go. Today she didn't run up to Pretty Boy, and she only walked behind him once. (No, Pretty Boy didn't reminder her about his backside. I did.) I rode with her in one of the pastures today. It is a little comical watching me try to maneuver a horse with a small rider through a hot wire tape fence by myself, but I did manage. I have to say that it was much easier before I had Brenna to worry about to.

So we finished our ride in the pasture and I had to work with the fence again. I had already decided not to get back on but to walk the short distance back to the house. I hooked the tape and turned around to see a UPS truck coming up the road. At this point I have a small child on top of a horse I trust, but we are all standing in a small area beside the road. The only thing I knew to do was turn Pretty Boy to see the truck and hope that he did what I was expecting. He didn't even notice the truck passing, but when it was already passed, Pretty boy spooked at something and did a little gig around. Now this wasn't a spook that would have bothered me at all. In fact, I might not have even noticed it if I was the rider, but for a almost three year old, I'm sure it felt big. I grabbed Brenna leg, calmed the already calm again Pretty Boy, and looked up to see Brenna's reaction. Her eyes were huge and I could tell her lip was deciding whether or not to come out. The only thing I could think to do was exclaim, "YEA BRENNA!" It worked. I saw the moment pass as her face broke into a huge smile. I'm sure she was wondering what she did that was so great. Isn't it amazing how well praise works. I really should use it more often.

When all was said and done, we had a great time. Hopefully she will take a good nap now and I can get lots done.



That picture was for you G-Daddy. She was too cute carrying her little box. She is such a big girl with her own grooming box.

The last picture is what she did after her nap. I was laughing so hard that I'm surprised I could hold the camera still.

5 comments:

Nathan said...

BEVERLY HILLS (Da-Dum), That's where I wanna BE (Da-Dum, Da-Da-Dum, Da-Da-Dum)

I fear the future!

Kelly said...

So is pretty boy your horse? I'm assuming it is, so where is this horse and where did yall go ride. Yeah for Brenna too!!! Hannah would maybe wave to the horse from the car window : ) Caleb would probably grab it's tail and then well the rest would be history. Glad yall had a good day!

kristi said...

so cute kayla!!! breanna shares your same love for horses!! how sweet!! she is a DOLL and love her sassy dress-up outfit! aren't girls the best!

keyofdjonz said...

could she use some more beads? hee-hee
g-daddy was tickled to death that she likes her grony
igoming box.

Stephanie said...

Three words for your pics...TOO STINKIN' CUTE!!!