Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ironic

Most Sunday's when I do the talk for youth group, I spend a good amount of time during the week preparing a talk. Well, two Sunday's ago, I found out last minute that I needed to have something ready. I managed to slip by. Unfortunately, we had a lot of kids that week (well, actually, I'm glad they were there just sad it was on a less prepared week), and the lesson didn't go exactly like I had planned. This week I have been thinking about a lesson, but knew that someone else was in charge again. There were only two kids and he had prepared a lot for this lesson and wanted to wait to do it for more kids. Again I stepped in with my non prepared, just thought about lesson. It went over great. Go figure. The week I do no prep work, the lesson just works. Isn't God funny like that? Always reminding me that it isn't me talking, but him though me. If only I could get it through my head.

1 comment:

keyofdjonz said...

i can really relate to this. the other week i had prepared a lesson a week in advance and God took the lesson in a totally different direction! as you said, just a reminder who really is in charge : )