Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Welcome to the Christmas Season


What a great way to enter this season. The Casting Crowns concert was so much fun. I loved how I was reminded about what this season is really all about. I was reminded how Christmas songs are worshipful. I was reminded of how blessed I am. I was reminded of all the jobs God has saved for me. I love that he chooses to use me when he could really do it much better on his own. It was a good night.

There were several groups that were a part of this concert, but I enjoyed Casting Crowns the most. I think my favorite part was being able to meet everyone and have a chance to talk with the groups. We were able to shake their hands and ask them questions. I loved being able to tell everyone how much I appreciated their music.



It seems as if the craze of Christmas has hit me early this year. I can't seem to get it together enough to just enjoy December. Hopefully this weekend will help. I am hoping to get all the decorations up this weekend, but it will be busy. Nathan has two concerts, Mom and Dad are bringing Tanner and Avery here on Saturday, and Sunday is Youth Group without Nathan. It should be crazy. Hopefully we will all survive.

So here is the rest of our week last week after Thanksgiving. Mom and I shopped all day Friday and a good portion on Saturday. I am happy to say that I am exhausted but almost done with all our shopping. It was fun to be out with the crazies on Friday, but I wouldn't want to do that every day.


On Saturday, Nena wanted to take Brenna to feed the ducks. She loved it, but those ducks were a little aggressive for a two and a half year old to manage alone. Mom had to hold her and Nena kept getting pecked. I was lucky enough to be the photographer and therefore had no bread in my hands.

This picture makes me laugh because it looks like Brenna is running from the ducks, but actually we had just arrived. She was running to the table behind me and all the ducks were following to see what kind of luck they would have that day.


Dad and Brenna had a little time to catch up on their morning newspaper.


We all had a great week, but I think we all left a little more tired than we began. The animals tell it all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At first I was marveled to see such a blog.Your blog is sparkling.
Meet me at my blog,
gwb-chinese.blogspot.com
See you soon!
Thanks!