Friday, December 12, 2008

An overwhelming amount of information

Well, maybe it won't be too much information, but I am a little scattered in my thoughts and pictures today. First just let me say that Brenna slept okay last night. She isn't feeling wonderful today, but is sleeping now for her nap.

We finally got everything decorated and are enjoying all our decorations. Brenna's favorite decorations are the singing stuffed toys from Hallmark. She wants to play them repeatedly every day.

Here is your annual pose if front of the tree. Can you guess what she is saying?

And one with her cute little smile.


I have a funny story that took place when we were getting the tree ready to bring into the house. Nathan was outside our bedroom window cutting the end of the tree off. Brenna and I joined him and basically just watched while he did all the work. Then there was a movement in the window and I pointed out to Nathan that Westin was standing with his paws rested on the sill. Nathan broke out in, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year." If any of you know my cat, he loves to eat the tree, drink its water and get sick all through the Christmas season. He thinks he is hiding, but we know better.


Thanks Oma and Pepere for the gingerbread house. It has been a big hit. Yesterday we invited one of Brenna's friends over to decorate. They both had a good time and most of the candy was put on the house.

Brenna wasn't done yesterday, so we finished it up ourselves today. I think she ate almost as much as she put on the house today. I guess one day of solid decorating with candy is more than a mom can ask for.


You can tell in the next picture that she just tried to lick some of icing of her finished product. The temptation was just too great.


Finally, I never posted pictures from last weekend when Mom and Dad brought Tanner and Avery to our house. We had a great time. Santa was at the park taking pictures with kids. As you can see, Brenna and Tanner didn't really want anything to do with him. Mimi had to be in that picture. I guess I was lucky to be back at home with Avery. I was the one in Brenna's picture last year.

I eventually made it to the park with Avery. She really enjoyed the backpack. Maybe I should let Aaron and Liz borrow it.

At the end of the day, Mimi was very brave and wanted to rub a dub, dub with all three babes in the tub. I don't think any of them were happy about that. Brenna horded all the toys, Avery was crying to get out, and Tanner just wanted more room. I'm glad I was making dinner.


I think I am all caught up on pictures and stories for now. Although, I'm sure I will have more to share very soon.

No comments: